Partnered with the series’ new 28 mm (1.1 inch) soft dome tweeter and audiophile crossover, the MERCURY 7.2 offers a big sound and even bigger value for money.
The easy to drive nominal 8 Ohm load and high 89 dB efficiency means the MERCURY 7.2 can be partnered with a broad range of quality amplifiers, from low-power tube designs to monster solid state transistor models. Up to 200 Watts peak power handling capacity ensures MERCURY 7.2 won’t suffer from musical compression or distortion for louder listening sessions. Its wideband frequency response from 42 Hz up to over 32 kHz and wide dynamic range makes MERCURY 7.2 perfect for High Resolution Audio while retaining exceptional reserve for standard audio formats.
- 2 way stand mount loudspeaker for small sized rooms
- 6″ mid/bass driver offers a powerful performance from a compact cabinet
- 1.1” coated silk dome extends high frequency response to 32 kHz providing fine vocal and instrumental detail
- Light yet stiff multi-fibre coated paper pulp cone delivers fast, tight and punchy bass reproduction
- 6 point driver fixing and aesthetically coordinated HF faceplate provides modern technical styling
- Walnut vinyl finish to enhance home décor
- High tolerance crossover components provide smooth integration across frequency bandwidth
- Silver plated wiring and DMT (Differential Materials Technology) damping on HF capacitor enhance musicality and communication
- Crossover and internal damping tuned to ensure superb leading edge attack of drums and bass instruments
- High power handling allows speakers to be driven hard yet remain subtle and refined at everyday listening levels
- Heavyweight fibreboard construction with extensive internal bracing enhances the effortless full-bodied sound
- Cabinets ported for a richer and deeper bass response